Newbie says hi!

New members please post here to introduce yourself. A warm welcome is guaranteed!
YNG700S

Newbie says hi!

Post by YNG700S » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:52 pm

Hi all - I should take delivery of my wedge soon, but need some parts... I couldn’t post in the wanted section for some reason so please move this if not appropriate! It is currently fitted with some non standard alloys which I dislike and I’m after some original steel wheels - does anyone have any spares? Many thanks in advance!

Gasman

Re: Newbie says hi!

Post by Gasman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Hello YNG700S. Welcome back to membership & the forum. You have already discovered one of the software problems with this forum that I am afraid I have not been able to cure so far. That is, it looks as though you haven't posted and it comes up with an error message. Lots of people repeat the process. In fact it will have posted as is the case with your wheel request under Parts Wanted. Very appropriately you did it 4 times - one for each wheel! I spend a lot of time removing duplicate entries but I do appreciate it is the software's fault and I, being of a sunny disposition, never complain!

As a last resort we have 3 (not 4 unfortunately) VERY tatty wheels with even tattier tyres which are available for collection only (Winchester) if you can't find any elsewhere. I believe they are sound but would need total restoration. As I said, a back stop for you if you can't find a decent set!

Wheels_600.jpg
Wheels_600.jpg (143.38 KiB) Viewed 71 times
Martin
Club Treasurer

Owner of:
Oldest known surviving wedge, hand-built 15th Pre-Production Wolseley in June 1974
Last Ambassador down the line in November 1983, Austin Ambassador VDP