Project KPK

Austin, Morris and Wolseley specific items.
John Steed

Re: Project KPK

Post by John Steed » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:40 pm

haha :D :lol:

I'm only making two little modifications honest :lol:

I thought adding some period electric front windows and an electric aerial might give it that extra little sense of Wolseley luxury haha, I've got a spare set of door cards so I can easily revert back to standard with no trace in theory :D

I shall give the Ambassador regulators a try, someone I've bought parts from on ebay says he is due to be breaking a terminal Ambassador HLS so hopefully get the regulators off it, all going well :) :)

John Steed

Post by John Steed » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:29 pm

I've just got round to fitting the rear bumper, but before I installed it, I've taken the rear fog lamps from the old bumper and swapped them across, however when looking at the wiring, there's only one wire for each fog lamp, no earth's, is this normal? I'm sure my Dolomite was the same I just can't remember :lol:

Gasman

Post by Gasman » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:41 pm

I think that's right. Earth is through the body. I'll look tomorrow.
Martin
Club Treasurer

Owner of:
Oldest known surviving wedge, hand-built 15th Pre-Production Wolseley in June 1974
Last Ambassador down the line in November 1983, Austin Ambassador VDP

John Steed

Post by John Steed » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:13 pm

I'm having a small dilemma with the vinyl roof now :lol:

Unfortunately the material I got is only 1.4 metres wide, this is also the widest I have been able to find anywhere sadly, but it is not wide enough for the a pillars, the original was all one piece from the back screen all the way down to the base of the a pillars, the width of the new material would mean making separate pieces for the a pillars and having a join at the top :roll: :oops:

What's the concensus on this, does anyone know of a supplier that could provide a wider roll of material, perhaps 2 metres wide or more ?
Attachments
vinyl roof.jpg
vinyl roof.jpg (90.8 KiB) Viewed 44 times

Gasman

Post by Gasman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:21 pm

Yet another thing I haven't tried to do but if you cut the material at the top of the windscreen towards but say 1" from the A post then cut down at right angles to the bottom edge of the material. Then, angle a cut to end at the top corner of the windscreen you will be left with a trouser leg and surely this could be stretched/coaxed +/- a bit of hair dryer warmth to continue down the A post without a join or any creases?

VinylRoof1.jpg
VinylRoof1.jpg (128.66 KiB) Viewed 20 times
Martin
Club Treasurer

Owner of:
Oldest known surviving wedge, hand-built 15th Pre-Production Wolseley in June 1974
Last Ambassador down the line in November 1983, Austin Ambassador VDP

rovamota
Site Admin

Post by rovamota » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:42 pm

I wouldn't be too bothered about having a join which should be roughly where the A pillar meets the roof seam. Few people will notice and it'll be a more economical way of doing the job.

Kev.
Kev Davis.
Club President.
Founder of www.leylandprincess.co.uk.
Owner of unique Princess 2000ST 'Special Tuning'.