front wheel arch liners

All Princess models specific items.
Monte92

front wheel arch liners

Post by Monte92 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:54 pm

HI I need to replace the aerial on my Princess 1800 , there is just a grommet on top of the front wing, I cant for the life of me see how to remove the plastic liner inside the wheel arch so as to get access to mount the aerial . Any information gratefully received
John

Gasman

Re: front wheel arch liners

Post by Gasman » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:25 pm

I'm not sure I'm the person to tell you how to do this because I always find it a pig of job (perhaps because I'm not doing it correctly!)

Take off the wheel & support the car with a suitable axle stand. There should be 4 self-tapping screws holding the liner in place that need to be removed. They may well be rusted in and have to be drilled out. Then the liner needs to be rotated in a clockwise manner on the off side and anticlockwise on the near side whilst trying to lever the liner out of the wheelarch lip at the front...
Martin
Club Treasurer

Owner of:
Oldest known surviving wedge, hand-built 15th Pre-Production Wolseley in June 1974
Last Ambassador down the line in November 1983, Austin Ambassador VDP

Monte92

Re: front wheel arch liners

Post by Monte92 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Thanks for that , at least I know there are screws buried in there somewhere , just need to a decent day to have a crack at it