Forum error message????

The obligatory "general chat" forum. Say what you like!
100 Club

Forum error message????

Post by 100 Club » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Occasionally when posting, I get the following message after hitting the 'submit' button:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 506: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)

It then asks me to resubmit, at which point two identical posts are created.

Can anybody explain?

Gasman

Re: Forum error message????

Post by Gasman » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:45 pm

No I can't explain why it happens at all nor why it is also intermittent. In my experience, you do not need to submit twice otherwise you'll get 2 posts. If you go to Board Index after receiving the error you will find the post is there. All very annoying.

I have tried to investigate this error not least because I spend a lot of time deleting duplicates when people post 2 identical posts although that's all part of being an administrator I suppose.

It's clearly a software error but our systems are all up-to-date - I'll have another go to see if I can fix it but that'll probably crash the whole thing!
Martin
Club Treasurer

Owner of:
Oldest known surviving wedge, hand-built 15th Pre-Production Wolseley in June 1974
Last Ambassador down the line in November 1983, Austin Ambassador VDP

Gasman

Post by Gasman » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:32 pm

Apologies that the forum wasn't working last night as I was trying to fix this and other problems. I thought I had but unfortunately, so far I have been unsuccessful. I will try again at a later date.

If you get a message like 100club reported when you submit a post if you go back to board index without re-submitting you should find that your post is there on the relevant page.

I can only apologize for the inconvenience which is not of our making.
Martin
Club Treasurer

Owner of:
Oldest known surviving wedge, hand-built 15th Pre-Production Wolseley in June 1974
Last Ambassador down the line in November 1983, Austin Ambassador VDP

Vulgalour

Post by Vulgalour » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:27 pm

I'm pretty sure this is down to the forum provider rather than anything you're doing wrong, Gasman, I've experienced it on other forums using the same provider from about 2 updates ago. I get it with every post (I'll get it with this one), and it could well be that the browser I'm using (Firefox, at present) is part of the issue too.