DVG 15Y

New members please post here to introduce yourself. A warm welcome is guaranteed!
delboy

DVG 15Y

Post by delboy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi, i'm Derek, Have recently taken delivery of DVG 15Y a 17HL ambassador ( Back badge on back says 2.0HL ) ( Not sure why? ) Body work looks not to bad until you get underneath and have a good look, the other obvious problem is the hydrogas. Upholstery not to bad but if anyone has leather interior let me know. As i said i think most of the work is going to be welding of which i have no experience at all. Had someone look at it this week and was quoted silly money to do fabrication of parts. so are after market sills and arches available? i have attained a microfinche of ambassador part numbers, once i get it downloaded to pdf i will download part list or send to administrators to use. i will be listing a list of parts required shortly. im in Livingston but collection should not be a problem as i worked as a courier for City Sprint and TNT Sameday for a number of years so have connection who travel the UK regular. I am having trouble down loading pics, says file size to large , once i have it sorted i will post
Attachments
microfinche.jpg
Microfinche of ambassador parts
microfinche.jpg (170.04 KiB) Viewed 340 times

Gasman

Re: DVG 15Y

Post by Gasman » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:11 pm

The software doesn’t allow any bigger than 800 pixels. If you email to leylandprincess@aol.com I can upload them for you
Martin
Club Treasurer

Owner of:
Oldest known surviving wedge, hand-built 15th Pre-Production Wolseley in June 1974
Last Ambassador down the line in November 1983, Austin Ambassador VDP

100 Club

Re: DVG 15Y

Post by 100 Club » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Before you spend any money having the microfiche converted to pdf, I am sure another member did that a while ago and shared it with the rest of us.
I will see if I can find it (or perhaps another member will have it to hand).

There was never a leather option for the Ambassador, so you would need to spend rather a lot on a retrim. Unless the original seats are rotten, it would probably be best to keep them for the time being.

Regarding fabrication, try not to look at a whole panel (e.g. sill), but instead concentrate on the scetion that would be most difficult to fabricate (probably the flared end by the wheelarch): it could make a great difference to the price. Most of the main part of the sill should be repairable by any competent welder.....

Regarding your rear badge, could the car have received an engine swap at some point in its life?
Princess 2 2000HL, Reynard metallic
Princess 100 Club Special

Daily drive: MG ZR Trophy 115 TD

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT